***The dissertation award will be offered next in 2015.***
This award is designed to assist graduate students who are members of SEWSA with research and professional development. Research should be consistent with the research mission of SEWSA to foster scholarship on and activism eliminating oppression and discrimination on the basis of sex, gender, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic background, physical ability, and class. The award is $1,500 and can be used for travel, books, supplies, and/or equipment.
- must be pursuing a Ph.D. at a university in the SEWSA region. They must be in good standing with their program.
- must be current SEWSA members and should have been members for a minimum of two years.
Preference will be given to students who are active in SEWSA.
The application will consist of the following:
• A two-page proposal that addresses: a) the aim and purpose of the research, b) the methodology, and c) the significance of the research to the research mission of SEWSA
• An itemized budget of expenses to be covered by the award
• A one-page curriculum vita/resume
The deadline for submitting an application is February 15, 2013. Applications should be submitted via email to Dr. Shannon J. Miller at email@example.com.
Starting in 2011 this award will be granted every other year.